IMPRISON TRAITOR TRUMP.

Thursday, July 2, 2015

Independence Day


Independence Day always seems more nostalgic and sentimental when viewed through the perspective of classic films.   Perhaps because, as with Christmas movies, we are transported to our own childhoods, and the weight of the world lifts from our shoulders for a few moments, a world where freedom and civil rights were attainable surely by the second chorus, or if we bought enough bonds.  


They celebrated Independence Day during a brutal and terrifying time of war, yet they managed to convey a silliness that was perhaps necessary to maintain courage.


Peace in our time is a lovely ambition.  

To this end, I would prefer neighbors not shoot off home fireworks (which they have obtained illegally in my state), or firecrackers.  The town fireworks are better, and do not leave burning bits of wood and paper in my yard, or disrupt my old movie on TV with stomach-turning explosions.  James Cagney, and Bugs, and Fred, and Bing, and a bunch of others are waiting in the wings to celebrate this day in a gentler fashion.  

And I like Fred's socks.

I wish all American readers a Happy Independence Day.  Pass the mustard.

***************************

Ann Blyth: Actress. Singer. Star. 

The eBook and paperback are available from Amazon and CreateSpace, which is the printer.  You can also order it from my Etsy shop. It is also available at the Broadside Bookshop, 247 Main Street, Northampton, Massachusetts.

If you wish a signed copy, then email me at JacquelineTLynch@gmail.com and I'll get back to you with the details.


2 comments:

ClassicBecky said...

I love Fred's socks too! He always wore colorful socks, and these were a special pair. Jacqueline, I haven't been around much because of many months of illnesses, and I have not congratulated you on your book on Ann Blyth. Quite an accomplishment, but not a surprise coming from a wonderful writer. The CMBA is lucky to have you. Kudos!

Jacqueline T. Lynch said...

Thanks, Becky. I'm sorry to hear about your ill health, and I hope the remainder of the summer brings you great health and happiness. Take care.

Related Products