Thursday, December 16, 2010

Now Playing - "I'll Be Seeing You"

Here's an ad for "I'll Be Seeing You" (1944), which we covered in this previous post.  We've got the soldier, the beautiful girl, and a hint of scandal (prison) and romantic intrigue one wartime Christmas.  But, we smack a great big photo of teenaged Shirley Temple in case the names of Selznick, Cotten, and Rogers aren't enough.  Always hedge your bets.


Yvette said...

Don't know this film at all, but then I was not a big Ginger Rogers fan unless Fred Astaire was somewhere close by. The only Ginger Rogers (on her own) film I remember liking was the preposterous THE MAJOR AND THE MINOR with Ray Milland. LOVE that film. I am, however, a big Joe Cotton fan. My mother adored him and I guess her fervor rubbed off on me. I'll have to keep an eye out for this film, Jacqueline.

Jacqueline T Lynch said...

Hi, Yvette. I hope you can see it sometime, though I don't think it's shown very often. It's sad and sweet. I think Joseph Cotten is particularly impressive.