IMPRISON TRAITOR TRUMP.

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Off Topic - Meet Me in Nuthatch

This is to announce (STOP BLARING THOSE TRUMPETS!!! I’m trying talk. Thank you.)

I wrote a book.

"Meet Me in Nuthatch", a novel of humor, warmth, Christmas tree farming, dressing up like it was 1904, and selling your small town to a theme park conglomerate is now issued as an ebook on Amazon Kindle, and on Smashwords, available in a variety of tasty formats.



Here’s the blurb:

A publicity stunt to attract tourists to a small dying town (population 63), results in the entire community turning the clock back to 1904. It is local Christmas tree farmer Everett Campbell’s idea, after watching the film “Meet Me in St. Louis,” his young daughter’s new favorite movie. What begins as half practical joke and half desperate ploy initiates the rebirth of Nuthatch, Massachusetts. Tourists do come, along with the media. Everett’s resentful teenaged son rebels at living in the pretend past. His wife, a medical transcriptionist who works at home, a self-employed and self-professed loner, has panic attacks when tourists stop to take her picture. The town’s unofficial historian, a genteel septuagenarian, supports Everett’s scheme, but for personal gain.

To Everett’s dismay, his campaign to save their community results in also attracting representatives of a chain of theme parks who want to buy Nuthatch 1904. Everett now stands to lose his town in a way he never imagined, and the community is divided on which alternate future to choose. On the sidelines but ever encroaching toward the center is a local drug dealer, the longtime enemy of Everett and his best friend Bud, who discovers a new opportunity to threaten them and exploit the town, or its new owner.


The novel is mainly humorous, a bit poignant, a little sad, briefly scary, incidentally educational, and so gosh darn entertaining if you like that sort of thing.

You do not need a Kindle or other e-reader device, as both Kindle and Smashwords versions can be downloaded to your computer. Read a sample for free. Take it around the block. Kick the tires. See if you like it. Then if you want to commit, I’ve got a heck of a deal, just for you…I’ll let you take it home for $2.99. Because you’re my friend.

That’s MEET ME IN NUTHATCH on Kindle or MEET ME IN NUTHATCH on Smashwords. Be the first on your block.

And now, back to our regularly scheduled blog.

8 comments:

Moira Finnie said...

Congrats, Jacqueline.
Do you drink a lot of coffee to get the creative juices flowing through your New England soul, or what? I will be sure to check this out asap. Sounds perfect for the holidays. May the next stop for you be the best seller list.
Your very impressed correspondent,
moira

Jacqueline T. Lynch said...

Thank you so much, my friend. I'm tea drinker, but I support every American's right to drink coffee.

My primary drive to create is the threat of poverty. I wish I could sound more romantic about the whole thing, but I am, after all, a New Englander.

Unknown said...

Congratulations! I'll be heading over to Smashwords today.

Jacqueline T. Lynch said...

Thanks, John.

Caftan Woman said...

I don't know when I've read a more wonderful announcement.

My natural timidity would normally keep me away from a place called "Smashwords", but forward I march.

Jacqueline T. Lynch said...

Thank you, Caftan Woman. I agree about these hip names used today for marketing purposes. I'm the stuffy sort who's much more comfortable with Smith & Jones Publishing or Reliable Cleaning Products, Ltd than such garish attempts at product identification.

You might not want to venture to that site with the provacative title by yourself. And not after dark.

Yvette said...

Congratulations, Jacqueline. Sounds like a fun story. ;)

Jacqueline T. Lynch said...

Thanks, Yvette.

Related Products