IMPRISON TRAITOR TRUMP.

Thursday, April 26, 2018

TCM Classic Film Festival - Read All About It


Today begins the TCM Classic Film Festival hosted at several Hollywood venues by Turner Classic Movies.  Though I've never been to the TCMCFF, I've always enjoyed a ringside seat through the wonderful descriptions of my fellow classic film bloggers.  Their adventures and their enthusiasm are a lot of fun to follow.  If you aren't able to take in the festival, then by all means, enjoy the recap posts of the four days of old movie lovers' heaven through classic film blogs such as these:

Laura's Miscellaneous Musings

Essays from the Couch

Out of the Past

Once Upon a Screen

Outspoken and Freckled

Classic Move Hub

...to name a few.  But for on-the-spot action, follow their trail on Twitter - #TCMFF.

Thank you to these bloggers and others who share their experiences on social media about the TCM Film Festival for those of us who don't get to go, and for sharing their love of classic films all year long.

5 comments:

Caftan Woman said...

I usually enjoy sitting back here and hearing about the Festival while avoiding long lines and bathroom waits, but this year I'm actually a bit jealous. That is no way for a curmudgeon to behave!

Jacqueline T. Lynch said...

Someday we'll have to go. Take the Super Chief, like in the old days. Wear hats. Solve a murder on the train. Then arrive like Dietrich into the LA Union Station, ready for a little movie watching. That's the life.

Sue Bursztynski said...

This event sounds like great fun! TCM has closed down in this neck of the woods, which is a pity, because it made it easier to find my mother a film from her youth to enjoy. Now they’re spread all over the pay TV service! We certainly don’t have a film festival of great old films.

Thanks for the links, must check out these blogs. If they’re as enjoyable as yours I will have to follow.

Jacqueline T. Lynch said...

You're very kind, Sue, thank you. I'm sure you'll enjoy these other movie blogs, and reading about their experiences at TCMFF is especially fun. I agree it's harder to find classic films on TV these days, and pay service is getting more expensive.

Astrid Movies Lover said...

Hey! I’ve also never been to this festival. I’ve only watched and read about it. I think it would be great to be present there and to enjoy the whole show. However, thanks for these links. I’ll surely visit them when I’m free.

Related Products