Those quesses to the trivia photos on Monday were very good. I should know better by now than to try to stump you people.
The answers are (drum roll):
1. Janet Leigh, "Holiday Affair" (1949)
2. Richard Gaines, "Strange Bargain" (1949)
3. Humphrey Bogart, "Conflict" (1945)
4. June Allyson, "Executive Suite" (1954)
5. Robert Keith, "Here Comes the Groom" (1951)
6. Jean Arthur, "The More the Merrier" (1943).
I like to notice phones in old movies. Do you? It surprises me that as late as 1945, a public telephone like the one Bogart is using would still have an old ear receiver, rather than a hand set that you would use to both listen and hear. I'm always surprised how those old candlestick phones were used long after more modern types were put on the market. Phones can serve as funny props at times. Do know when your family first got a phone?