Thursday, May 19, 2011
Odds and Ends
Thanks to John Hayes for reviewing my novel, "Beside the Still Waters" over at his Robert Frost's Banjo blog here.
In So Many Words, here.
Yvette also tagged me for a meme going around.
1) If you could go back in time and relive one moment, what would it be? This brings to mind the scene in Thornton Wilder's "Our Town" when Emily asked to re-live one day of her life, a pleasant birthday, that just in the remembering the sweetnest of it was too painful. I'm not sure I'd want to re-live any day. That's what memories are for.
2) If you could go back in time and change one thing, what would it be? Reclaim missed opportunities, I suppose. Too many to name.
3) What movie/TV character do you most resemble in personality? I can't think of any, though I identify with stoic, dry-witted characters who are unobtrusive until something pushes them over the edge.
4) If you could push one person off a cliff and get away with it, who would it be? Nobody anymore. President Obama and the Navy Seals have already taken care of that for me.
5) Name one habit you would like to change in yourself. Taking on too much.
6) Describe yourself in one word. Unassuming.
7) Describe the person who named you in this meme in one word. Intelligent.
8) Why do you blog? Answer in one sentence. As a writer, blogging is just one more way for me to do what I do.
Thanks to Yvette for tagging me for this meme, and I'm sorry you've chosen such a reserved person. I inevitably fail at games like this due to an over-abundance of social reticence.
I'm supposed to name three more to tag, but I think instead I'll let those of you who choose to, tag yourselves and play the game at open invitation.
That's all for now. I'll see you Monday, May 30th with a look at Buster Keaton's "The General."
available through Smashwords. You put in this coupon code: RA54Q, and you can download the book in any e-reader format, or in text to read off your computer. The book is also for sale at Amazon, and if anybody could leave a review on the Amazon product page, I'd appreciate it. But, no strings. Happy reading.